Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally a decent McCain song/video



Ill be honest, most campaign songs for either candidate suck. This one however, is truly inspiring. First of all, the woman on the left is partially invisible throughout most of the video since she wore a green sweater in front of a green screen. I'm sure this is some kind of brilliant artistic commentary on the environment but I haven't figured the whole thing out just yet. It's a bit over my head but ill sleep on it and see what I come up with. Then, at 1:45 there is some of the best harmonizing i've heard since the last time I sang someone "Happy Birthday." Political points? check. Artistry? Check. Musical talent? CHECK.

The best part though comes when these artists take the weak rain metaphor (seeing as rain is falling like McCain's poll numbers..) and make it work with the animation of raining McCain bodies at 1:50, complete with one of the singers washing her face with John McCains. (I apologize, but I can't resist making a "Don't let McCain fall or he'll break his hip! Because he's old!" joke here) This is one metaphor I can understand: McCain rhymes with rain! Boom. Deep.

Like anyone trying to make a good political point, they save their strongest argument for the end.. Concluding with a powerful line like "Im gonna go out, and let myself get, absolutely John McCain! John McCain!" is simply a masterstroke. I have to say I have been motivated and inspired by these ladies a thousand times more than any Obama video. take this one for instance:



BORING!

Vote John McCain because his name sounds like rain. Honestly, that's the best reason I have heard so far.

No comments: