Friday, June 20, 2008

So, Um... Oklahoma seceded from the U.S.

This seems pretty retarded to me, but ultra conservatives are creaming jeans over it because the federal government has "completely failed states like Texas and Oklahoma by not securing our borders, taking too much in taxes, failing to protecting us from terrorist threats, " so "it's about time somebody stepped up. Let the revolution begin!"

If you think about it though, using thinly veiled racism as a reason for secession is a whole lot better than you know, blatant racism, so bravo Oklahomo, bravo for your touch of class.

Other news: As B lee and my dad told me, Dr. Brian Orr himself was mentioned in This week's TIME magazine regarding this little thing. This birth control controversy is getting way out of hand. As great as it is to see my last name getting some much-deserved attention in magazines, people are now just jumping on the sensationalist bandwagon and not focusing on the issues anymore. That TIME piece talks about how the school's principal knows the girls had a "pact" to get pregnant... While this may be true for a few, I think that this is obviously some bullshit PR excuse to convolute things.

Now that I think about it though, I remember how in our high school glory days, most girls desperately wanted to get "preggers," and this is why nobody used birth control and the entire school responded with a collective high five when a girl came in, proudly waving around her positive test for all to admire (man, pregnancy days were the best days!). I guess that means I agree that no one would take birth control if the clinic offered it since highschool girls all want to be little pregnant sluts mothers. Thanks mr. principal!

One last thing: this is completely off my rant's topic, but oddly awesome

No comments: